1. Read the following quote in my book The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life on the bus:
"...Think about the past or anticipate the future, and you are no longer present but immersed in the flow of time. And time, we find out, is the great mystery. Just thinking about it makes our head spin...The present is intangible. That intangible moment is all that we really have, all we really are. The past is already lost. The future, however promising, is still a fairy tale. Only the present is--and we cannot grasp it."
Big reminder to be here, now.
2. Came into work and made a delicious juice for myself and some coworkers using beets, green apples, pears, cucumber and a bit of ginger. I recently downloaded Kris Carr's new ebook "Crazy Sexy Juices and Succulent Smoothies" and am having a full on love fest with fruits and veggies right now. I'm really pumped that my coworkers are getting into juicing and smoothie making, too...it makes it a lot more fun! We've set up a weekly fruit and vegetable delivery service for the office via Planet Organics. This is a big time saver for me (Trader Joe's runs are great, but they are a huge time suck) and it will be cool to try out the variety of produce they surprise us with each week.
3. Had our first private yoga lesson lead by the awesome Lindsey downstairs in our office. I am SO proud of the people who gave it a shot and can't wait to make this a bi-weekly event! What a perfect start to the work day. It felt awesome to have such one-on-one attention in stretching, breathing, strengthening.
4. Rocked my new lululemon No Limit Tank during yoga. It was the perfect combination of supportive and breathable. It will be the perfect piece to bring with me to Costa Rica in May :)
5. I'm headed to Zumba tonight for the first time in a few weeks--pretty stoked to shake ma booty and sweat a bunch! 2 workouts in one day. Sheesh, who am I?
What an awesome, sunny, full-of-life day.