As I'm currently laid up in bed with a nasty case of food poisoning (am I burning hot or freezing cold? I wish this you-ate-shitty-food-fever with a side of terrible tummy pains would decide already) I find myself actually feeling grateful;
1. For the HP Touchpad Clint mailed to me, preloaded with lots of great movies and TV shows. Should I start with season 1 of Modern Family or watch Baby Mama for the 358th time?
2. Or maybe it's a How to Train Your Dragon kinda morning?
3. For my quiet apartment building. The few moments I slip in and out of sleep after being up all night are peaceful.
4. My sweet and caring SF besties for calling to check on me and offering to bring by Pedialyte.
5. The beauty of email letting me still get a few work things done. Feeling disconnected is something my generation truly hates...
6. ...even though being fully disconnected every once and awhile is probably good for us.
7. Feeling secure in the knowledge that if this continues to get worse it would be OK for me to make a trip to the ER for an IV, thanks to having insurance.
8. Also feeling secure in the knowledge that I'm already starting to feel less like death, as I did when I woke up at 3am, thus probably not needing to go to the ER.
9. The fluffy new pillows I bought a few weeks ago. They can eat me if they want to.
10. Note to self: don't eat ballpark food.
11. Bigger note to self: get back to eating healthy. This feels like crap.