Here's what's looping on my ipod currently...some new, some old, some ancient! All good, great, grand and wonderful to be listening to. Enjoy!!
1. Freelance Whales- Weathervanes
Holy goodness this CD is amazeballs. Ashley, my college roommate, never disappoints me with new music recs...but this may be her best so far. Fave songs on the album (so hard to choose!!) are probably "Starring", "Broken Horse", "Generator ^ Second Floor" and "The Great Estates". I'm going to put them on right now...so in love.
2. Local Natives- Gorilla Manor
Another great Ashley rec...saw them in concert a few months ago and they knocked my socks off. This is their only album (that I know of?), so I'm excited for a sequel!
3. Sara Bareilles- Kaleidoscope Heart
Why can't I sing and play piano like her? Or just sing like her? Or just play piano like her? Why God? Why? "Basketcase" chokes me up every time...in a good way. Which sounds weird. But it's true.
4. Tristan Prettyman- Hello...x
I dug up some old TP after she recently did me a huge favor for a friend. Basically i follow her blog, which is awesome; http://icecreamisbetterwithafork.tumblr.com/ She advertised that you could reach out to her to buy a CD...I did...and made a request for her to sign it, explaining how I felt it may cheer up a friend who was a big fan and kinda struggling at a life cross-road. She wrote back *immediately* and was so cool about the whole thing; going so far as to include a personalized note to my gal pal letting her know she was sending good thoughts for a brighter tomorrow. So cool, right? Makes me appreciate her summery voice and style even more.
5. Mumford & Sons- Sigh No More
Wanna grab a pint?
6. Miike Snow- Miike Snow
Listening to "Cult Logic" while walking to work is an instant mood booster. It's an odd combo for my route through China town, yet somehow it works for me :)
7. Mayer Hawthorne- A Strange Arrangement
DJ-turned-solo-artist, Mr. Hawthorne fulfills all my old soul needs with his awesomely classic and vintage vibe w/sexy voice. Saw him open for Passion Pit, too...was super cute and crowd friendly. Always an artist bonus :)
8. City and Colour- Bring Me Your Love
Hits ya where it counts. Just trust me.
1. Charlie Mars- Darkside of the Moon
2. Brazos- Kid
3. Bill Withers- Use Me
4. Big Boi- Shutterbug
5. The Band Perry- If I Die Young
6. Eric Hutchinson- You Don't Have to Believe Me
7. Jeff Buckley- Last Goodbye
8. Monsters of Folk- Dear God
9. My Morning Jacket- Golden
10. Neko Case- People Got A Lotta Nerve
11. Otis Redding- Pain In My Heart
12. Solander- Looking For Gold
13. Two Door Cinema Club- Something Good Can Work
in musical gratitude,