I saw this outfit on Pinterest (my newest addiction, source of inspiration and constant reminder of needing to step up my life game in the areas of cooking, crafting, decorating, being cool/wise/funny) and completely fell in love with it.
I decided to challenge myself, using all of my own articles of clothing (no buying new pieces!) and 2 years of fashion advice from Ms. Jenny France, to recreate it. Here was my thought process;
1. It's way too cold out for shorts. I'll have to substitute with a good jean.
2. I don't have a blouse anywhere near as delicately lovely as the one she is wearing. What do I own that is simple and white but can be spruced up with a scarf or necklace for the same pop-of-detail effect?
3. I can't see her shoes. WHAT SHOE IS SHE WEARING!? I NEED TO KNOW! OK don't panic. Work with what you have.
Here's what I came up with:
Pretty cute, right? I like to think of this as the SF Fall version of the Pinterest ensemble :)
- The sweater is from The Limited...and is a year old! If you still wear something after one year, you should keep it. If you haven't worn it in a year...get the heck rid of it.
- The belt is from a dress I purchased at Heritage Row. (Are we all hearing Jenny's voice tell us to "belt it!"?)
- The jeans are Vintage Revolution--if you've never heard of them, I beg you to try them out. I've loved every fit so far from skinny to boot cut to flare. They make my thighs look super duper.
- The scarf is my favorite and was a gift from my mom a few years ago. I figured this made a good accessory to my plain white t-shirt underneath.
- And the boots....ahhhh, these boots....are Zodiac and are worn by yours truly at least 2/7 days a week. They are so comfy and gorgeous. Even the Weebly boys compliment them!
Basically, recreating this look (with my own twists!) cost me zero monies.
I love my outfit so much today I feel like I may just need to take myself out on a date ;)