Four years ago there was a fad on Facebook where folks made lists of "25 Random Things" other people may not know about them. I stumbled upon mine today and decided to re-post here with updates (in blue).
1. I like to eat cereal with a really big spoon...like, really unnecessarily big ones. I’m not exactly sure why...maybe because my mom never let us eat ‘sweet cereals’ for breakfast (have you ever tried to get excited about your day over a heaping bowl of bran flakes?) so now that I’m a grown up and can gorge on all the Apple Jack’s I want I like to be excessive about it.
This is still very true. I ate cereal at work yesterday using a spoon a half size smaller than a serving one. I have, however, found a few brands that are certainly more healthy than Apple Jacks and absolutely more delicious than bran flakes. Maturity meets compromise, my friends. Trader Joe's--I heart you.
2. I sleep with my childhood blanket still. His name is Blankie and if he were a person I think he’d be a gay man. I gave him up for a few years in high school and then realized one day that it was stupid to think I had to tuck him away just because that’s what I ‘should do’ at my age. I also thought I lost him once in college on a walk home from a sleepover with the girls and went into *hysterics* at the image of him laying on College Ave. near the Meridian being run over by cars. I found him in my pillow case a few minutes later.
Blankie still kicks it with me from time to time. Otherwise, he is neatly (and safely!) tucked away. What's the point of getting rid of him now? To prove a point? To whom? I mean really. Ain't no thang.
3. I’m terrified to not be blonde anymore. I wish I had the guts to go back to my natural brown hair color.
I'm a brunette!! A natural brunette! The biggest surprise? I love it.
4. I’ve officially promised myself to try and learn to do the following things ‘decently’ before I die; speak Italian, play guitar, knit, practice yoga regularly, learn to surf. If you can help with any of these, I’d be forever indebted :)
Good lord, I suck at keeping promises to myself. Yoga is the only part that I've managed to become so-so at and I am learning to surf in May. Otherwise, epic fail.
5. I hate that in hockey they call the end of a Power Play “FULL STRENGTH”...as in “the Flyers are back at Full Strength!” I picture them hobbling around weakly in the rink, and then flexing their muscles when they are finally at ‘full strength’. I especially hate that it comes up under the TV scoreboard like an announcement in a video game when you get enough coins to run faster or something.
Yep, still true. Sometimes I refer to my happy state of being as "FULL STRENGTH" and I flex my non-existent guns as I proclaim it.
6. I love my younger sister unconditionally. I’m so proud of who she is as a person, and who she has the potential to become. I’ve been known to get choked up when talking about her, even in casual conversation. I hope someday she sees herself like I see her. She’s beautiful, inside and out.
Just when I didn't think it were possible for me to love her more...I do :)
7. I really want to live abroad, preferably someplace warm. I’d love for you to come and visit me.
Still in the life plans!
(list continued after the jump)...
8.Someday I’ll own a husky; one green eye, one blue. You can come and play outside with us.
Ooooh this has slightly evolved...my heart is pulling me towards Great Danes these days.
9. I’m obsessed with California.
10. I watch “Reba” reruns...a lot. The character of Barbara Jean cracks me up. No one else I know thinks it’s funny at all.
My new addiction is The Big Bang Theory reruns. But Barbara Jean still make me giggle when I happen to catch an episode.
11. Music really is my boyfriend. I’m so in love, it sometimes hurts.
12. Chances are I cannot point out most countries to you on a map. I’m ashamed of this.
I *think* I've gotten better with this, but please don't ask me to prove it.
13. Math is my nemesis. Not even Excel, a calculator, or sometimes a combination of both can help me.
Numbers make me sweat.
14. Drinking makes me a really bad dancer. I think I tend to typically be above average on the ‘I can drop it like it’s hot’ scale, except for when I drink. Then I look like a shorter, less skinny version of Paris Hilton; waving my chicken arms high in the air and making absurd open mouth faces.
No way, Jose Cuervo. I'm an awesome dancer.
15. I prefer to dance alone (and I don’t mean in private, though I do that quite frequently too). Don’t be offended if you try to dance with me and I ditch or reject you. I do it to everyone.
Who dances any other way, besides in groups? What is this, the 4th remake of Footloose? And please...please dear sweet baby jeebus...do not try and "grind" with me. In what world, honey? Dane Cook says it best (warning: graphic):
16. A lot of kids annoy me. People get so shocked and offended when I tell them I don’t really like or want kids that much but I have, on more than one occasion, wanted to punt a child. Does that sound like mommy material to you?
Hmm. *Some* kids I really do not like. But others are pretty rad. Mom status is up for debate at this time.
17. I like going to the movies by myself. I mean, you sit there in silence anyway, and then you don’t have to feel weird if you laugh or cry at odd times, or obligated to discuss it after you see it.
I haven't done this in awhile, but might just have to add it to my monthly rotation of fun.
18. I hate when people use more than one question mark at a time. Why is that necessary? I get that you are asking me a question. You see how I’m asking this? You see how I’m asking this?? Don’t try to pressure me with ?? to answer your question. Your second question mark doesn’t bully me. It makes me hate you a little and want to take the extra ? and hook your little snitchy neck with it.
Seriously, please stop using multiple question marks. It's beyond annoying.
19. I love champagne. It’s delicious, sexy, flirty, and decadent.
20. I hate winter and I really hate snow. I hate that it’s wet and cold, that it always finds a way to sneak in the space between my jacket sleeve and my gloves. I don’t even think it’s that pretty when it first falls. I mean, it’s white. It makes everything white, which is boring. And then everything gets grayish brown and slushy and gross. I prefer things to look more living. Gimme grass and flowers over snow any day.
Preach it! Summer forever!
21. Sometimes I lie and pretend to know references to TV episodes or movies when people talk about them. I usually say things like ‘I haven’t seen that in forever’ or ‘I’ve seen parts of it, yea’ when I want to sound like I know what you’re talking about. There’s a very high chance I’ve done this to you before. I have no idea why I do it.
Just did that yesterday.
22. I prefer the crust of pop tarts to the part with filling.
I now hate everything about Pop Tarts. Icky.
23. Nothing beats a good heart to heart...except maybe a good heart to heart over a bottle of wine.
Mmmhmmm. Snuggle up your emotions next to mine, honey boo boo child.
24. I’ve never lost a game of Cranium.
Record still stands! WOOT!
25. I believe it’s not brave if you’re not scared.